The purpose of our Code of Conduct is to ensure a safe and healthy learning environment. At South Kelowna Elementary, we promote the values expressed in the BC Human Rights Code respecting the rights of all individuals in accordance with the law – prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, gender identity and expression, sex or sexual orientation. South Kelowna Elementary students are expected to exhibit a commitment to learning, to achieving success, and to being positive citizens within their community. We have guidelines for behaviour which are based around the key word respect.
* Aim for academic success.
* Be prepared, organized and attentive.
* Complete all class and homework on time and to the best of your ability.
* Be honest.
* Reflect a positive attitude by attending school regularly and dressing appropriately.
* Take care of yourself. *Make healthy choices.
Say NO! to alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
* Treat others with kindness and courtesy.
* Use good manners at all times.
* Show cooperation in class so that others may learn.
* Play safely, include others, and show good sportsmanship.
Say NO! to violence and harassment.
The School Act states that students may be disciplined for violations of the Code of Conduct:
going to and from school,
while attending events and functions as representatives of the school (e.g. field trips, sports events, community activities).
beyond the above mentioned times (including on-line/ Internet behavior) that negatively impacts or disrupts the safe and orderly environment of the school.